Friday 12 February 2010

Inspiration

I am often asked where I find my inspiration - and the answer is difficult.  It comes in a moment of time, and is always unexpected. 

Sometimes it will be a view as it flashes past during a car journey


Or from delving into the history of a landscape and combining elements in an abstract way


Sometimes it can be just a single shape that attracts


and sometimes finding the right materials to interpret can take a while


But sometimes - you just throw a piece of used paper down, and inspiration is instant


All I need now is time to interpret it in the way that I want.....

Look for inspiration - it is all around - and comes at the most unexpected moment.  It's at times like this that keeping a journal becomes very important.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for bring sunshine into my life. I'm posting an award for you on my blog in a few minutes.
    Lovely pictures here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ..and I sometimes even get inspiration from an empty picture frame!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment